The Bundesliga has been lacking a heavyweight to break up the dominance of Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund, but Leverkusen could be on their way. The club’s new owner is Chelsea-bound England manager Gareth Southgate.
The “florian wirtz” is a German businessman who has been the president of Bayer Leverkusen since 2006. He has been linked with Chelsea, Real Madrid, and Barcelona recently.
Discover all of the significant transactions and see how we ranked the biggest acquisitions during the summer transfer season, which was unlike any other. Even if the window is closed until January, the rumors will continue to circulate. Here’s the most recent rumors and conjecture.
Chelsea, Madrid, and Barcelona are all interested in Wirtz.
The transfer of Bayer Leverkusen playmaker Florian Wirtz might be a tussle between Chelsea and Real Madrid.
According to El Nacional, the two clubs are interested in a deal for the 18-year-old, who has enjoyed a breakthrough season in the Bundesliga, although Barcelona is also considering a future transfer.
Due to their well-documented financial troubles at Barcelona, Xavi Hernandez’s team would not be able to exercise their financial might in comparison to the other two clubs. As a consequence, the team will not make a transfer until 2023, although the player is claimed to like the new manager, which might assist with any move.
In terms of Real Madrid, the source suggests that the club is desperate to avoid missing out on another kid from Leverkusen after losing out to Chelsea in the hunt for Kai Havertz in 2019.
So far this season, the 18-year-old has made nine Bundesliga appearances, scoring four goals and assisting six times. In September, the playmaker was called up to the senior Germany squad, earning four appearances on the international stage.
The Blues are reported to be the team chasing him the most at the moment, but he is expected to attract a slew of suitors.
This isn’t a joke! Big teams are paying attention to Florian Wirtz. Getty Images/Alex Grimm
– LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, and more on ESPN+ (U.S.) – Watch ESPN FC every day on ESPN+ (U.S. only) – Don’t have access to ESPN? Get immediate access
GOSSIP ON PAPER
– According to Sport1 writer Florian Plettenberg, Barcelona are interested in signing FC Salzburg attacker Karim Adeyemi. According to the source, the 19-year-old was in Spain a few weeks ago for negotiations about a transfer to the LaLiga team, and his agency was aware of the possibility.
– According to writer Ekrem Konur, Barcelona is reportedly considering a move for Fulham wonderkid Fabio Carvalho. According to reports, the 19-year-old has rejected down a new contract with the London club, which expires in the summer. Real Madrid, a LaLiga rival, has also been linked with a transfer.
– According to writer Ekrem Konur, Manchester United and goalkeeper David de Gea will discuss a new deal. The 31-year-contract old’s expires in 2023, but he’s been in fine form since resuming his place as No. 1 ahead of Dean Henderson.
– According to AS, Real Madrid is interested in signing 20-year-old attacker Luiz Henrique. The Fluminense attacker is viewed as another promising Brazilian international, similar to Vinicius Jr., who Los Blancos recruited and helped to make a success of at the club.
– According to Calciomercato, Internazionale has set a deadline of the end of the year for midfielder Marcelo Brozovic to sign a new contract with the club. The Croatian international is out of contract this summer, and numerous teams have shown interest in signing him on a free transfer. The club is ready to pay €4.5 million per year, but the player is reportedly demanding €6 million to sign a new contract.
- real madrid schedule
- real madrid fc